Friday, December 30, 2011

Starting a New Beginning

Viv here~

Yesterday morning was really great, waking up to all of you supporters really energized me and made me feel that I should do this for you guys too.  So, Thank you!

MILE JOG MORNINGS:
That morning, I rubbed away my bleary eyes and decided to take a jog on my never-used  treadmill.  Luckily, it sits 1 foot away from my bed.  I know, I was veryy lazy before. I jogged/walked for 15min which equates to a little over a Mile! =D

:HEALTHY MEALS
Before heading to work, I stopped to buy a healthy breakfast and lunch from Au Bon Pain at Port Authority:



Freakin, it is expensive to be healthy! Costed me a whopping $12 for just a muesli, 2 eggs, and a salad. Oh well, health should be my #1 priority.  After I get myself into a rhythm, I'll try to be more conservative.

YOGA NIGHTS:
After work, I went to Yoga to the People (YTTP) in midtown.

Here's the schedule on their site:
http://yogatothepeople.com/new-york/38th-street/schedule-fees/38th-street-3rd-floor/

I really wanted to see Amy, unfortunately, fate did not want us to meet, so I was all by my lonesome doing Hot Vinyasa.  The teacher put the group through hell, literally!  Thankfully the cost is always cheap: $5 bucks a class!



There are two types of Hot Yoga: Vinyasa and Bikram (a.k.a. Traditional Hot Yoga) at 100 degrees and 105-108 degrees, respectively.  Honestly, you will sweat in places you never dreamed of sweating in before.  It will be nasty, but it is completely worth it and you will never regret going!

QUOTE:
Our teacher left us with an inspirational saying which really resonated with me because sometimes I think too much of what other people think.  They'll keep thinking what they're thinking and that's fine; control what you can control: Yourself.


“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
―Mother Theresa

HAPPY FRIDAY everyone and have a marvelous New Year's weekend!  =)

6 comments:

  1. is it appropriate for me to comment on your post? haha well, i am going to anyway!

    a) what is muesli?
    b) boil your own eggs!
    c) i was outraged when i arrived after the doors had closed night :( i was so frustrated i decided to eat something bad. bad me.
    d) love the quote

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i give you 2 weeks till you quit! haha, jk... or am i??? >:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amyyy, you can post on mine, anytime!
    a) I found out what muesli was in S. Africa. It's like a cereal treat with diced apples, almonds, and cranberries. Super Yum!
    b) Sigh, okay fine! It was getting kinda expensive $2 for 2 eggs. YOu can buy a dozen for that price, right? I'm a Seamless junkie and I've never stopped to smell the grocery. =(
    c) I know you were, I heard your banging lol! Awww, Amy, it's okay we went today to make up for it and it was effin torture!! Especially when my stomach started cramping up!
    d) me too! <3

    Tommyyy, Hate yoU! lol! I'll never quit just to spite you! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job viv! i'm glad you started this journey before NYE. how often do people quit after a month or 2 into their NYE plan? too often. so the fact that you are setting foot down before 2012 begins just shows that this is a life long journey and not just a goal for 2012.

    ^5

    ReplyDelete
  5. list out the ingredients from the side of those packages :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CHEF SALAD:
    Summary: Field Greens, Tomatoes, Ham, Turkey, Asiago Cheese, and Bacon.
    and
    Detailed: Salad Blend (Romaine Lettuce, Field Greens), Tomatoes, Ham (Cured with Water, Salt, Potassium Lactate, Dextrose, Sodium Phosphates, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite. Caramel Color added), Turkey (Turkey Breast Meat, Turkey Broth, Contains 2% or less of Salt, Carrageenan, Sodium Phosphate), Asiago Cheese [Pasteurized Part Skim Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes, Powdered Cellulose (to prevent caking), Natamycin (to protect flavor)], Bacon (Pork, Water, Contains 2% or less of Sugar, Salt, Smoke Flavoring, Sodium Phosphates, Natural Smoke Flavoring with Natural Apple Flavor added, Natural and Artificial Smoke Flavoring (Water, Natural Flavoring, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Onion Juice, Dextrose, Gum Acacia, Gelatin, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Caramel Color), Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite).

    ReplyDelete