Tuesday, February 7, 2012

crsie's january recap

Te Toca A Mi (I think that translates to .. It's my turn!)

Personally,  I thought I was doing well with yoga before Belize -- went 2-3x /week but when I got back, went like 2-3x total which led me to a total of 8 visits (that was half my goal #fail). Pretty disappointed with the number but it's not always about the quantity, there's also the quality of these workouts. The rudimentary classes are helpful but I don't get quite the workout from it. On the other end, the hand stand classes are a total waste because I end up doing skinny jumps in the air because I can't fling my legs high in the air like the cool yogis can. I haven't given up on yoga. In fact, I think it has helped me find my inner peace and I would say that I'm a better person because of yoga. It is amazing how that one hour in the studio can completely clear your mind of any inner negative thoughts. I've learned to calm down and think clearly before I speak, being tactful has its bonuses.  namaste.

Other than yoga, I haven't made any strong commitments to any other wellness activity other than walking which I love. Part of the reason why I love the city so much is because I have the opportunity to walk to wherever I want without taking the subway/bus/train/car and I take long strides. Anyone that walks with me knows that I walk fast but it's fun sometimes watching my mom keep up with her mini jogs. lol Kevin's getting smarter, he's taking longer strides and now I'm having issues keeping up b/c I've been so weak.

I've been so ill the last week that I had to see the doctor. Stepped on the scale and stared at the 122 lbs. wow -- talk about a 10lb gain? I bet it's all muscle :) actually, it's from all the layers that I was wearing but I was too sick to debate. I can't say that I'm totally better but the meds that I've been taking aren't strong enough so I might be heading back to the docs.

At the beginning of the year, I mentioned that I wanted to be healthy, not so much to look slammin'. My body is a bit weaker than your average and staying in shape would keep me healthy (or so I thought). All I could say, I really need to keep up and stay strong because the only way I can combat everything else in life, I need to start with a strong core/foundation/body. This sorta goes back to yoga -- finding/strengthening my inner soul.

Cheers, 

C.DUBS :)


PS -- stepped on the scale again, 117lbs after 5days... very nice!



2 comments:

  1. :) feel better sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! feeling better already :) woot

      I'm having my first meal and it's delicious!

      Delete