Sunday, February 5, 2012

Yoga Challenge Recap

So our 30 day unlimited yoga ended today 2/5 and I wanted to do a recap on how many times I (Christine, feel free to edit for your #s) went this month....*drumroll*....9! Yes, only 9. I actually was aiming for 10-12x which comes out to be 2-3x per week but it ended up being more like 1-2x for me. A bit disappointed but in all reality, it was pretty tough trying to make their classes as their last offering is 7:30 on weekdays. I usually don't get out of work until 6:30-7 on average, so it has been difficult for me to make weekday classes. I was supposed to go to my final class yesterday (Saturday) as I am proud to say I made every Satruday 1:45 Vinyasa Flow 2 class for the past 4 weeks, but I had a doctors appointment and errands to run prior to my 10 day trip to Taiwan, so I opted to skip it...bad me!

I'm headed to Taiwan this Thursday, 2/9 until President's Day on 2/20. I am super stoked for the trip and excited about all the yummy things I will devour...which means I will probably come back a bit more plump. @_@ Hopefully the walking will partially offset some of that :) I'll try to do some push-up, sit-up, and squats during downtime as well!

I liked Viv's January recap so I wanted to do one as well:

January Recap:
I agree with Viv in that I did not gain or lose weight. I am a bit surprised and disappointed as I went from doing absolutely no exercise to yoga classes 1-2x per week and cardio (elliptical) 1-2x per week. Although the scale does not seem to show much progress, I do however feel better. I feel a bit stronger and I feel like my endurance is higher for cardio activity. Yoga also helped me feel stronger and more flexible - sometimes on the day after a yoga class, I feel like I can take bigger steps when walking. These little improvements are okay for the first month into this resolution but I think I need to step it up some more (after I return!).

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you. Baby steps.

    Let's play !

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers~!! congratss

    you totally beat me on this one. I got 8 in and I shall blog.

    ReplyDelete