Thursday, January 19, 2012

California, a little slice of heaven

Los Angeles
This past weekend I went to visit my sister-in-law for her Baby Shower.  She's due on March 15, just in time for the year of the dragon!

During my weekend in Los Angeles I ate pretty poorly.  Big ass chocolate muffins (you know, the Costco kind) and a fried chicken waffle sandwich, oy.  The thing with LA is you must drive everywhere, I didn't get to walk that much either.  However, it was amazing weather at 70 degrees (another reason I left NY, heard it was -10 degrees on the opposite coast!)  Good thing I played some Kinect Dance Central with Dave, Brian, and Lauren!

San Francisco
We drove to San Francisco and got back around midnight, with a brief scare in between (Close call).  On MLK day, Erich and I toured as much as we could in SF for that one day.  First we stopped by Market and Powell Streets to take the Cable Car; it was exhilarating riding on the running board and hanging on to the pole outside of the car! I waved at a lot of people, and they waved back haha.  I also finally ate my first In-N-Out burger: Protein style, baby!

We walked a lot!  Did you know there are 44 hills in SF?  One of them is the Twin Peaks.  Lots of hiking to get to the top but when you're at the top you'll see - the views were spectacular!

Back Home
The night I got back I uploaded pics and the morning after I woke up at 5:30am and hauled ass to make it to my 6:45am Zumba class.  After being a glutton in LA, staying in bed was not an option!  I felt so guilty still that I took the Abdominal class right after.  I'm still a bit sore so I took today off.  Hope everyone had a great long MLK weekend and a soon-to-be Lunar New Year weekend!

4 comments:

  1. looks like an awesome trip! a bit short though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i love your energy!! how are the classes btw? Amy and I have to catch up with you! We've been going to yoga works and it's such a dread getting there. The teachers are phenomenal but the class style isn't in our liking. I'm not even sore when I get out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck to your sister in law!! you're going to be an awesome aunt :D

    DRAgOnnnn baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, it's so crazy how we love the soreness now haha. We must sign up for some classes together! =D

    ReplyDelete