Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Unexpectedly Productive // Challenges

For most people, yesterday was the first day back to work after the long new year weekend. It was quite a busy day and I was trying to crank everything out as fast as I can because I needed to leave by 6pm for a friend's birthday dinner at 6:30pm in LES (Happy Birthday Diana!). We had a really nice meal and finished dinner relatively early at 8:30pm. I was motivated to workout after dinner since all factors seemed to have worked in its favor:

1. I was in the LES and YTTP St. Marks was a short 7 blocks away and I knew they had a 9pm class
2. Andrew was playing basketball at 9pm and wasn't going to be home until later
3. All my dinner buddies (good job Christine and Diana!) had done yoga prior to dinner, so it made me want to do it too/feel guilty

So I went for the 9pm Vinyasa flow class and was very proud of myself. It felt so refreshing (also because it was not in heat as the past few times we did yoga - it was all hot vinyasa or traditional hot yoga/bikram)! It was such a productive day for me. The only thing was I crashed after I showered and paid no attention to Andrew. He was not a happy camper haha.

Productively,
Amy

P.S. Did I mention how hard it is for me to workout at home even though I have an elliptical in front of the TV?

The machine is normally parallel to the balcony, but because of the Christmas tree, we had to rotate it to face the window to save space. So should I blame it on Christmas, the balcony, or the socks/miscellaneous items cluttered all over the machine? Sigh! So close yet so far. Requesting the tree to be taken down soon! But working out on the elliptical is kind of boring. Help! How do you do cardio at home/gym without being bored to death?

2 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS play my top jams! I've had Stereo Hears on repeat for quite a few days now, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL first, take the clothes off the machine!

    ReplyDelete