Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Groups are Better Than One

Happy Hump Day! I took the New Year's Day to exercise off.  However, I am back and have been working out in some form or other.  Hopefully this lasts but if I can maintain even 3-4 times a week, I will be pretty dang proud of myself! 

Here's a pic of me doing my morning mile.  As you can tell, I was not a happy camper; it was 7am in the morning, grrr.

At Erich's request, here's the ingredients list for the Chef Salad that I've been consistently getting from Au Bon Pain (ABP per Minah) since last Thursday.  One week done, woot!  I think it's really yummy and I have yet to get sick of it (cough Tommy cough).  I even got some of my team members to start eating salads too! Well, for one day at least. It also comes with a free breadstick (e.g. sesame, plain, cheesy), yum. :)

I took a break from work to do the 15 minutes "Abs Express" class over at NYSC.  That's one of the perks I like about the company: reasonably flexible and corporate discount, woot woot!  I really enjoyed the class; I felt the pain afterward though.  So towards the end, we were tired but the trainer said, "Only 10 seconds left: 10, 9, 8... 8, 8, 10, 12...", wth?! My arms and abs were literally shaking after the last plank!  Lesson of the day: the trainer is great at pushing you until you can't go anymore, and then he pushes you some more.  
Here's a link to their class schedule: http://bit.ly/8HaHx3. 

After going back to work and finishing up for the day, I rallied the troops to the gym so I could force myself to go as well.  Pst, I must confess... I have a bad habit of ditching sometimes, but with 5 other guys going, I couldn't back out!  Onwards, I did 20 minutes of the stepper, 10 minutes of stretching, and 30 minutes of weights.  I tried out some ab machines which were completely complicated and had to get a couple of people to help out.  I even tried the BOSU, it still baffles me.  

Today was definitely a workout, but again, no regrets.  That's what I realize about exercising, you will never regret getting there and doing something.

2 comments:

  1. i'm moderately fine with those ingredients. the only thing i'm against is the nitrates and stuff, but it doesn't really have the five things that i generally stay away from: gluten (wheat), vegetable oils or nuts, any form of fructose sugar or High fructose corn syrup, peanuts, and soy.

    good job viv. i'm proud :) enjoy hump day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you elaborate on why nitrates are bad? I can't wait to see my bros in a week!! ahhh! David said he's got some tips for me. Need all the help I can get! =P

    ReplyDelete