Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Return to work after a staycation

It's finally January. I wanted to say CHEERs to 2012!! Viv, Amy and I bought a pass that allows for 20 dance classes for $19! woot. I've been wanting to try Zumba, Belly Dancing and brush up on Salsa Dancing. Who says working out can't be fun?! I'm the type who can never get myself to the gym because I find it to be so boring to sit in front of weights and treadmills. Even if I were to get to the gym, I probably wouldn't put much effort into the exercise. Amy and I took a weight training class our senior year and it was not that exciting. Instead, I'm more interested in dancing or exercises that is led by an instructor. They're the real pushers. My goal is to have a flat belly by the time I get to Belize (in two weeks) so I really need to tone up and watch my diet.

For breakfast, I had a bagel (removed the core) with walnut/raisin cream cheese and for lunch, I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup (it was way too salty - sodium overdose?). Throughout the day, I would have a couple cups of green tea. My coworker, Min, brought back a pack of brown rice green tea from Korea which is absolutely delicious. I asked him for more!! I was definitely craving it all week. Tonight, we're celebrating Diana's 26th birthday, hopefully, I'll grab something light and do a few stretches before heading to bed.

6 comments:

  1. Was the bone marrow something light for you? haha. I feel good about 2012 too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to mention viv had 1 1/2 cupcakes today at work. she also had a cupcake yesterday, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLLL!! it's still within my caloric intake! so ha! besides they are free cupcakes. I can't say no to Free things, what will the world come to??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crsie! We are going to kill it at ZUmba! I invited my friend, Minah; she bought the deal too, haha! Itching for monday already! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. dinners come with a price. we had greek yogurt for dessert. =P

    ReplyDelete